Tuesday, January 08, 2008

And the winner is...Reality!!

Scene 1:


Kusano-san showed up in his friend’s place. He brought along his wife and his little kid, Akira. His family wanted him to take over the family business. Kusano-san refused. He wanted to live his own life, to live his own dream. So he ran way from home and stayed at his friend’s place.


Days gone by. Kusano-san still didn’t manage to find a job, while he had to earn a living for his wife and kid. Unwillingly, he returned home to take over the family business.


“I’ve beaten off by money...”


Scene 2:


Kusano Akira and Kiritani Shuuji went to school by bike. On their way, they met a bunch of working people. Akira gave a halt, made Shuuji looking at him questioningly.


“Ne Shuuji, someday, are we gonna be like them? Like these boring adults?”


Shuuji stared at those people, at the tired expression on their faces, as if their routinity had drained up all the energy. As both of them continued their way to school, Shuuji couldn’t help wondering, “Am I gonna be like them, someday?”



Those scenes are taken from my favorite Japanese dorama, Nobuta wo Produce. Starred by Kamenashi Kazuya and Yamashita Tomohisa. For me, though the dorama is a comedy about highschool students and their lives, it’s so inspiring.


Seeing those scenes above, I feel like staring at myself. The idealism I once had, day by day had run dry, beaten off by reality. I feel now I’m working for money, not for the sake of working itself. And now I feel like I’m getting closer of being the boring adult I was once afraid of.


Am I?


I hope not.


Yesterday dusk sky was so pretty. An orange tinged the darkened sky. Merried by the clouds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUUUUUUTT... heh? kamuh siapa nglamun di sini? hah? Hah? HAH? ini tempat suting... sono pergi..